Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fundraising Update for My Ballet West Babe

As I posted previously, Olivia auditioned for and was accepted to Ballet West Academy's highly esteemed summer intensive program.  Attending this program is a big and important step towards her goal to dance professionally with a classical ballet company, and, at fourteen, she doesn't have very many summers left before she soars from my coop and into the wide-world of dance.


Last year Olivia didn't quite make the cut for Ballet West, so when she got the neon green light for this summer, we put our heads and pennies together to see how we could make this happen.  For a single mum of four, it's a big challenge ... to say the very least.

So, Olivia has been fundraising in and around our hometown, and appealing to her friends and family for support.  And yesterday, she paid her very first Ballet West bill -- so there's no looking back now!  With such displays of beauty, potential, spirit, and tenacity, I couldn't be more proud of my babe nor more willing to do all I can to help her best ballet dreams come true.


But we're not done.  There is still the balance of her tuition, a plane ticket to Salt Lake City, food, and dancewear, which includes four pair of pointe shoes and a handful of leotards and tights!  Oh, and she hopes to attend the scheduled field trips too...

...AND WITH ONLY FOUR WEEKS LEFT TO RAISE WHAT SHE NEEDS!

And so I appeal to you, my blogging friends and my lurking family: please help my babe by sharing Olivia's story and/or supporting her through a sweet donation!  As you know, every itty-bit helps when one's reaching towards a dream!


Olivia Cole
PO Box 73
Sonoma, CA 95476

Paypal: ograce.cole@gmail.com

THANK YOU! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.