Friday, March 4, 2011

Homeschooling Mother's Journal

My fav picture of all time ...so far.
In my life this week...
 I've been a busy, busy bee both for home and work, placing curriculum orders, making schedules that look really, really awesome! and finishing up some great projects, although I haven't had time to work on my own... welp, there's always next week, right?

In our homeschool this week...
We took a bit of a break so I could do all of the above, plus celebrate my baby boy's SIXTH BIRTHDAY!  I still cannot believe how quickly they grow up.  I must journal more!  I must.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
On Monday, we spent the afternoon making a DVD of Olivia's barre and centre-work, plus a wee li'l solo piece to send for scholarship consideration for the summer program at which she was accepted recently.  On Tuesday, we celebrated Ian's birthday during the day with some great friends and then celebrated again in the evening with his dad.  On Wednesday, we celebrated Ian's real birthday by playing tons and getting outside into the sunshine.  We've eaten wayyy too much cake and ice cream this week... and with one more party on Sunday yet!  (((retch)))

My favorite thing this week was...
My favorite thing every week is celebrating my kids, but this week was pretty awesome since I received a multitude of declarations of, "Mom, you are the best ever in the whole universe!"  I know, I know... I dig you, too, coolest and sweetest baby boy.

Naturalist of the Year!
What's working/not working for us...
Simpifying is definitely working for us: the kids are ready to have a yard sale and get rid of all their wee-folk toys.  We packed away most of them over six months ago, and they haven't missed them a bit.  I cannot believe I'm writing this, but I'm ready to let go of the t  o   y     s.    Maybe.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I'm considering using Simply Charlotte Mason's 106 Days of Creation Studies for science this year, combining my youngest three munchkins for a wham-bamaah good time.  Anyone have a review to share?

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
I don't think I could love him any more than I do, but I surely try and try and try.


The Homeschool Mother's Journal

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great week! I'll get my thoughts on 106 Days to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good week, except for the several, "Are you done working yet?" Breaks my heart to say no, but I know this is where we need to be right now.

    Thanks, Richele! I'm nearly 100% sure I'll love it, but I've met no one who's actually used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your entry-the photos are great; so are the red boots! That looks like a beautiful place. Can't wait for our snow to melt. :) Holly

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.