Friday, June 18, 2010

A Little Visit from a Feathered Friend

Yesterday, we had an unexpected visit from a feathered friend. This picture is obviously not the best, but Olivia really wanted me to blog about it, so here we are.

The hummingbird bird was remarkably tame, if one considers tame equivalent to our ability to catch and handle him rather easily. I mean, he (or she) did fly away at the very first opportunity presented and did not answer to any of the names with which each child attempted to christen him, but our ability to climb up to the place where he perched and gently but firmly replace him into our hands is good enough for the label tame in our household. Um, by this standard, he's more tame than my own Fiona!




The children were fortunate enough to see the hummingbird's tongue in action and really hoped to keep him much longer than the more than handful of minutes I allowed, but alas! We set him free and refilled the hummingbird feeder to the brim in hopes that Peter, Charles, or Mary would stay nearby.

Now, I'm off to dust the blades of that ceiling fan---yucky-yuck! Figures, it would take a teeny bird to point out the fact that I'm slipping in the housekeeping department! Somebody dock my pay. Wait. I take that back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.