Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nature Study, Naturally




"The child who spends an hour in watching the ways of some new 'grub' he has come upon will be a man of mark yet...some day he will come across the name of the creature, and will recognise the description of an old friend. (Charlotte Mason, Home Education, Volume I, p. 58)"

David made a discovery this week:

"Momma, look what I found out!!  This insect is a Ladybug larvae.  We've played with these before, but I never knew what they were until now!!"

A son's delight and old books filled with fab illustrations are just a couple of the many Things I Love.


And don't miss any of the amazing giveaways, from my month-long birthday party.  THIS WEEK: the most fantabulous baubles from my Etsy fave, Stella Jade Designs!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!

    And of course it also works in reverse. The other day we found a spittle bug--I had no idea what it was. Gerrick said, "It's a spittle bug in a sea of froth." When we got home he showed me that he was in fact correct by pulling The Very Quiet Cricket from the shelf and turning to the page that showed one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what kind of bug that was! That's so neat. Isn't it just amazing how many bugs there are? LOVE all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that's what they were either LOL!! You learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.