Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback: So Lame'


Click to enlarge for the F U L L effect!!

This is my bestie and me, Prom 1988.  We did have fun-loving dates, but we also had the habit of ditching them for some bestie preening and all-out rabble rousing!!  My dress was a handmade creation, fashioned not by me but by a dear friend's very eccentric older brother ((wink)).  

In high school, I def had the personality to carry it and the attitude to not care if anyone else liked it.   Then, I loved that it was as original and as funky as I, but today you wouldn't catch me 100-yards from lame'.  Surely makes for great memories, though!!  

Perhaps someday my daughters can refurbish the dress into some disco-dancing frocks for their dolls, or something...or maybe, just maybe for kicks, I'll wear it to my 20th class reunion this autumn!!  Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

Have some old pictures you just gotta share with someone?!  Join up with fab Alicia and company, at More Than Words.
  
Friday Photo Flashback

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...how cool is that!!! LOL..you are so funny, LL!!!! Well, you totally have the figure to pull it off!

    Okay..next week I'm totally going to post my pic like this w/ my friend at our Sr. Ball!!!!!!!

    I'm so glad you did the meme!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your hair! Do you even remember how long it took to get it "big"? My hair would NEVER get big...I felt like such a failure! I'm noticing the shoes match the "original" perfectly...pretty darn stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I LOVE the handmade dress, and that you were it with your head held high.
    I need to find the prom photo of me and my best friend and scan it in. I should not have been allowed to buy the dress that I wore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I'm lovin' that dress! It certainly didn't look handmade. It was the perfect 80's dress! I bet all of the girls were jealous that night. Love it!

    Your girls will be SET if they ever attend an 80's party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were then and still are the same...ADORABLE! What kind of material do you think those dresses were made from? Looks like we were a part of the same class. Class of '89 here! Didn't you just love that big hair? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that photo! I was right there with you....prom in the '80's and big hair.

    I love your blog. I'm going to come back when I have more time to read some of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just knew that you have always been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I think you look adorable! Love the hair!!!! I remember my 80's hair. My kids have no idea....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you! Fabulous and love the hairstyle so 80's!!! I had huge hair too back then!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the hair!!!! As we'd say in the 80's... "it's rad" :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I wasn't in my teens in the 80's. Although the 90's weren't the best for fashion either! :) Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute picture! I never went to my prom...I dont remember what was going on in my life that i would skip out on it....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh memories...Seems like so long ago. Could of used that dress for and 80's party not to long ago.

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.