Sunday, March 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday--Already?!


I'm beat.  Trying to get out of dodge in three weeks without leaving my husb'd to either wither away or spend our savings on take-out, not to mention having all things homeschool ready to roll as soon as we drop our bags back at la casa, is hard work.

And what about Daylight Savings Zombie Syndrome, huh?  

Seriously, say it with me...D.S.Z.S.

Dee--Sss--Zee--Sss.

Deeszees.

DISEASE!!

At my age, exactly how long will it take my body to recuperate from this precious loss of sleep?  Can anyone say? and then put it in writing addressed to my lawyer?  ((Like I have a lawyer...puh-lease))

Here's my menu on the fly and without being of sound mind or body--yep, on the fly, which means no links for you!  Sorry, Charlene.  ((If you say it like my beloved Mexican grandpapa, it's rather funny->CHar-lene...."Sorry, CHar-lene," get it?!))

As I said:

MONDAY
breakfast~Oatmeal & Oranges
lunch~Whole Wheat Bagels w/Sesame & Sunflower Seeds ((Toasted w/Cheese!))
dinner~Salmon Cakes, Sweet Potato Fries, Cold Veggies

TUESDAY
breakfast~Oatmeal Pancakes, Oranges
lunch~Scrambled Eggs & Toast, Berry Smoothies
dinner: Sausage & Lentil Stew

WEDNESDAY
breakfast~Granola Bars & Oranges
lunch~Almond Butter & Honey Sandwiches, Carrots & Apples
dinner~Stromboli & Green Salad

THURSDAY
breakfast~WW Buttermilk Pancakes & Macerated Strawberries
lunch~WW Bagels w/Cream Cheese & Salmon, Cucumber & Apples
dinner~Bean Burritos & Southwest Slaw

FRIDAY
breakfast~Leftover Pancakes & Bananas
lunch~Egg Salad Sandwiches, Carrots & Apples
dinner~Pizza & Salad Night

SATURDAY
brunch~Scrambled Eggs, Turkey Sausages, Spinach Salad & Blueberry Muffins
dinner~Grilled Greek Chicken and a Garbanzo Bean Salad w/my own dressing

SUNDAY
breakfast~Oatmeal w/Fruit Salad & Sausages
lunch~Rotisserie Chicken from Costco, Caesar Salad
dinner~Leftovers

((I know I said no links, but I felt bad.  I mean, I only stop at someone's menu if they're offering up a recipe or three--no recipe, no comment.))

Now, drag your deeszees'd fanny over to The Organizing Junkie for more recipes to try while staying up an hour later since it just doesn't feel like bedtime yet.  I'm off to find a tranquilizer and put us both out of my misery.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by !! I haven't tried that olive salad yet but doesn't it look delicious !?! The tortilla though ... tried and true !! YUM YUM YUM !! I hope you like it ...

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.