Monday, January 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Happy Birthday, Olivia!!

I cannot believe it's Menu-Planning Monday again so soon.  It could be that the kettle is on and I've yet to suck down my first cup of tea, but I just don't feel ready to start another week right now.  Too bad for me, right?  'Cause she's here. right. now.

Last week was so much fun for me, but by the end of it, my fam was crying, "Ham again?"  Who knew that anyone in their right mind might tire of ham?  Not I.  But they did, each and every disloyal one of them, finally and fully rebelling right when we reached the ham bone itself, which is now in the freezer for future use.  

But perhaps not this week.  No, this week is a birthday week!  My eldest daughter will turn eleven on Wednesday...sigh.  Time flies indeed.  It's so cliche and yet so true.  I'm hoping I can get my act together well and swiftly to pay tribute to her beautiful life thus far.  

Ahem, on to menu planning now.

Breakfasts:  Bagels w/PB or cheese, Hulled Barley, Banana-Blueberry Muffins ((by birthday request)) & Yogurt, Fresh Fruits

Lunches: Eggs on Toast, Grilled Cheese, Smoked Trout and Cheese on Crackers ((birthday girl knows how to eat, y'all)), Uncle Willy's Ramen, Leftovers, Fresh Fruits & Veggies

Monday: Pizza & Salad w/Easy-Peasy Caesar Dressing

Easy-Peasy Caesar Dressing

1 clove garlic, minced
1-tsp anchovy paste
1/4-c mayonnaise
1-T lemon fresh juice
1-tsp Worcestershire sauce
4-to-5-T olive oil

Blend first six ingredients; whisk in olive oil; salt & pepper to taste.

Tuesday: Crockpot Pork Carnitas w/Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, Cilanto Brown Rice & Black Beans, Orange-Avocado-Red Onion Salad

Wednesday: Chinese Take-Out, as requested by our birthday girl!

Thursday: Split Pea Soup w/Ham Bone, Green Salad, Fresh Bread Loaf ((Peek-a-Boo))

Friday: Spaghetti w/Meatballs, Salad

Saturday: Tuna Melts, Veggie Tray

Sunday: Bean Burritos, Southwest Slaw

Have an inspiring week, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Yum..the carnitas sound so good!!!!

    Oh, how cute..11!! My daughter will be turning 12 in May!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday, Bookworm...hope I've got the timing right and it's Wednesday in the States!! (It's Thursday here!)

    Have a great day with your fantastic mum!

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.