Thursday, January 29, 2009

Charlotte Mason Moments: Sassafras Narrates!

Recently, I've started capturing a few of Sassafras's narration attempts on video, not only because they are usually train-wrecks, but because she is just oh-so-confident in her delivery of said train-wrecks.  Since she began formal lessons in autumn, there have been more than a few dozen handfuls of teaching moments that left me literally choking with laughter!  

Sassafras is a passionate gal; she feels, and whatever she feels, she feels it to the max.  This makes parenting her a challenge indeed, but the labors involved are oft rewarded with joy, sheer and utter joy.

This term, for Natural History, Sassafras and I are reading Among the Farmyard People, by Clara Dillingham Pierson.  When I filmed this, we just finished a portion of The Fussy Queen Bee, and I asked her to tell me about the old Queen, the new pupa Queen, the Workers, and the Drones.  You'll see in a moment why I emphasized the Drones.


Sass's big sister tried to toss her the answer, but she just didn't quite catch it.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I loved hearing your accents too - they're cute as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - cute video and an even cuter daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to post the video. My children and I all enjoyed it and are inspired to tape some of our own narrations!
    Best,
    Richele

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.