Monday, August 8, 2011

What I've Been Doing

For the past month, three of my four children have been involved in a local, summer dance experience at the studio which I help manage.  It was the first year that so many derived of my own DNA took a single stage.  Up until this year, we've had one dancer: Olivia.  But in spring, Fiona and then Ian slipped their pointy toes into crisp pairs of canvas slippers too.  Let me say it was both exhilarating and stressful to see it all come together this past weekend, and I thought I'd share a link to the images captured by our photog.  So, check out our show at the lovely, historical theatre in the heart of our hometown and consider it a view of a day-in-the-life of a single, dance-crazed and need-to-take-time-to-plan-a-schoolyear-mom.

Now that the curtain has closed on our summer busyness, we're off to an annual church-family camping trip in a region of bear-country of northern California.  Time to relax, reconnect, read, plan, and sleep.


Do you too start school soon?  Any big plans to close the summer break?  

A mother's disclaimer: many of you know--and some of you helped (THANKS AGAIN!)--that Olivia was blessed to spend a month in San Francisco, studying ballet and modern and contemporary and-and-and with Alonzo King's LINES Ballet.  It was an amazing time for her as a dancer and as a blossoming young Christian lady.  I MUST SAY it was blood, sweat, and tears well spent!  She's returned an even more delightful and enchanting balletic dancer than before--and that's saying something indeed. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.