Monday, June 6, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal...?


IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK...
Last week was just crazy-nutso-busy!  With two boys playing baseball, I had two baseball season's end parties to attend--plus tournaments!--on top of a field trip to see the Royal Danish Ballet mid-week, on top of a specially-arranged and private class taught by beknighted THOMAS LUND the following day, on top of weekend rehearsals for our fall production of The Magic Toy Shop!  Perhaps I was the only one praying for rain, or we would've been on top of a public performance at a community event too.  Sunday was indeed a day in which we sought rest and mind-numbing films--like dear, sweet 'Nanny McPhee Returns'.


MY FAVORITE THING THIS WEEK...
Hands down, my favorite thing this week was watching Thomas Lund, and his companions, soloist Diana Cuni and pianist (beautifully warm and dear woman) Alison Smith, in action.  He taught company-level combinations and exercises to our Intermediate/Advanced dancers, to which group my deary-heart belongs.  It was such a fantastic and Once in a Lifetime opportunity for one and all!


PLACES I'M GOING...
This week is going to be just as nutso-crazy busy too: I've a checking account to open, a contact-fitting, a trip to the DMV for a state ID, a gift certificate for a massage--plus laundry, packing, and family-time spending--all for Katara, who's off to a month-long pre-professional ballet intensive at Alonzo King's LINES Ballet School in San Francisco!  She is so very excited...and I'm terrified, enlisting everyone I see and barely know in prayer for her and for me: that God would protect and provide a like-minded friend; and would lead her far away from temptation as she obediently follows!  And, for me: although she received a scholarship for tuition, this single-mum-of-four needs to pay for room & board yet, which is not easy-peasy!  It involves lots of sacrificing and praying and fasting, and just a few restless nights.  Pray I have more faith!


THINGS I'M WORKING ON...
Saying no.  I've been overcommitting and thereby overextending myself.  I've allowed some things and some people to cross clear boundaries, leaving my time for work and my time with my children compromised.  This is a Bozo-no-no, so this week I'm re-staking my fence posts and tossing up a li'l barbed-wire too.

Does this ever happen to you?  Let's practice together:

"No no no no no no no no no, but thank you."


BOOKS I'M READING...
Ugh, I'm so not reading anything right now.  I feel like a dummy.  But the big plan for summer is to read with some friends through War of Words by Paul Tripp.  About a decade ago (when I was just a wee fawn), I studied this book with my in-laws and it made such a huge impact on my heart, which hopefully was reflected in my life.  Words are powerful, we oh-so-well know!  May we use them for His glory!

A VIDEO TO SHARE...


How was last week for you?  Any big plans for this week?  Is your brain turning to mush through neglect, too?


If you feel led to join us looney tunes, link up with The Homeschool Chick and get journaling, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with homeschooling...obviously.  :)

5 comments:

  1. You sound busy. Very busy. Good on your for putting up barbed-wire boundaries. As the wife of a soldier, I can understand what it feels like to be a 'single' mum, as far as time/commitments go at least. Your daughter looks every inch the ballerina. Good luck to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am busy right now! But it's a fruitful sort of busy, which I don't mind as much.

    Thank you for the well wishes! God has gifted her indeed. We're just so tickled about the confirmation through the scholarship, and now need to have faith that He will provide the rest!

    I saw that you too have a dancer, so you know how passionate they can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the crossing boundaries has been crossed at times. Restaking them sometimes can be a challenge if it had gone on awhile. But we learn from it also. Good luck with the barbed wire...lol!


    Carol
    Homeschooling my girls in New Mexico since they were born.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following from the TOS Crew! It's going to be a great year!
    http://www.thewellsspring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fellow crew mate and new follower! :)
    http://raisingleafs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.