Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our Very First Chicks!

We're uber-proud parents.

I mean, it's our very first batch of chicks since we city-folk stumbled into this world of raising chickens for eggs, glorious golden eggs.  So, please bear with us: after suffering through all the scat that stains our drives and walks and deck, even though one (or three) daily sweeps, and after losing more chickens than these hatched to predators and such (one rooster just plain ran away; we see him strutting around nearby, footloose and fancy-free), we plan to relive this pleasure in  s l o w - m o t i o n.  So, enjoy this clip.

Time to sweep... again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!
    I can believe there were 11 eggs!!! I didn't know chickens could lay that many at once to hatch lol ((blush)
    Your video was neat, my daughter 10 was very eagerly watching ( she loves stuff like this )
    She was like awww I wanna seem them hatch ;)

    Keri
    Mom to a Cutie pieKindergartener and a thinks-she-is-all-grown-up 3rd Grader

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.