Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback: Senior Crew

Oh, nothing like a bunch of vanilla ice trying to pose like they coo'!

This is my crew, the girls with whom I ran about the hallways of my high school and its nearby streets.  I cannot count or measure the amount of wild-and-crazy free-for-all fun we all had together during those few teenaged years.  Looking back, four years of high school seems like such a small blip on the radar screen of life, but I'm a firm believer that those years were powerfully concentrated, and, by adding water, they would expand exponentially.  What I mean to say is, these girls will always have a big piece of my girly heart.

This year, we all reconnected via Facebook, which makes the excitement of our coming 20th Reunion just that more tantalizing!  Better come with your tennies on, 'cause we're gonna be running things again, yo!

Oh, and if you can't recognize me, I'm the one center-stage with the biggest hair and cheesiest smile--oh, and red satiny gloves!  Gotta love those gloves; they really finish an outfit and well.

"It's easy to say how we love new friends, and what we think of them, but words can never trace out all the fibers that knit us to the old" (George Eliot).

For more fun-loving flashbacks, visit More Than Words.


Friday Photo Flashback

11 comments:

  1. LL...you were so one of the "hair bears!!" I could never get my hair that high! I always admired the girls that could!!

    Isn't FB awesome??? I have reunited w/ sooooo many friends from school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! Love the big hair. I rocked the big hair too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flashback for sure!! :) Big hair galor!
    all the rage! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I did the big hair thing. Big hair and hair spray. Love the satin gloves!

    Enjoy your reunion, it sounds like you'll have blast. I popped over from Alicia's meme since I'm doing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow, I am really enjoying everybody elses proms photos... so glad we don´t have proms in Spain... hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pose...looking tough in your lame and taffeta. How fun that you'll get to pose like that again, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo! The big hair is fan-tab-u-lus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! I remember the Vanilla Ice stage! LOL....

    I came across your blog via Mr. Linky from Alcia's blog.

    Looks like you all had a great time! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute photo...you all look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. It makes you laugh to look back doesn't it? Amazing style we had back then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you are so stinkin' cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.