Friday, December 19, 2008

Fitness Friday: Christmas Edition

Yea!  It's Friday!  Not only is it the end of the term's lessons for us, but it is the start of a long and much longed for break!

(((((((huge lung-deflating sigh))))))))

After baking and hand-making some great gifts for recipients unawares and stealthily delivering said gifts under the cover of darkness and SF-bay evening fog, I plan to hunker down with my best beloveds and hibernate like a true momma-bear: It's a Wonderful Life,  long jammies, and all.

Here's this week's Fitness Friday Challenge:

1.  This Christmas I'm going to indulge in toes, yummy baby toes.  I plan to count them and tickle them and kiss them and paint twenty of 'em.  I also plan to eat my own cookies.  Moms can bake, y'all.

2.  It is my goal to stay away from the computer.  When I say break, I mean break!  As much as I love y'all, I won't need the filler-between-lessons that is this notebook.  I'll have their four lovely faces one-on-one and all day long for two weeks plus two days!  That's 384 hours of baby-love, if I can keep 'em up.

3.  Over the holiday, I am changing my exercise goals to burn off my own cookies.  I gotta step it up or I'll cross over into the new year with farther to go, and Moms won't like that.

4.  The way I'll remind myself to make good choices over the holiday is to apply the old and anorexia-begetting Kellogg's Special K test and "pinch-an-inch" (or three).  And, then I'll pray the Lord keep me outta my cookie jars, which my trusty and handy husband will booby-trap. just. in. case.

5.  My favorite ornament on my tree is....wait! I didn't buy a tree!  But my daughter bought an ornament yesterday that encompasses the love and hope she has in her heart (and I in my own): ballet toe shoes.  They're hanging over the hearth and they surely prompt me to cry out to Abba that her hope might be realized next year.

6.  Of the progress I've made so far, my favorite thing is knowing my heart loves me for it.  I dream of spring dresses with heels, too.  My kids laugh when I put on heels.  They don't know Moms used to rock-n-roll when she was a tot.  (((Shhhhhh))

A very blessed Christmas to all, and a new year yielded to His will and filled with love, joy, and peace!  

And that's not trite, that's for reals.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter is a ballerina...she is dancing in the Nutcrcker this year...she has two more shows and she is done! I hope your daughter realizes her dream too!!

    I love you that you are taking a break from computer. Enjoy your time with your family!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful blessed Christmas time with your baby and hubs! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post cracks me up!

    Merry Christmas and enjoy the toes!! I'm heading into the living room to tickle some right now!

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.