Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homeschooling Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week…
As always, we'll be uber-busy with soccer and school and work.  I cannot believe how quickly this month is passing because we're way busy running to and fro.

In our homeschool this week…
This is our second "official" week of lessons, returning to a more pure thread of Charlotte Masonism.  Last week was fantastic, except I got distracted on Friday and lessons flopped without ever meeting King Lear or Plutarch's Dion.  Boo.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Listen to your kids, especially when they're olderish and should have a [valid] opinion about their studies.  I'm glad I listened to mine.

I am inspired by…
the joy in a child's laugh and the warm welcome of long-missed friend.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Soccer practices, soccer scrimmages, and this weekend: a soccer tournament.

My favorite thing this week was…
Re-starting the school year, using resources my kids are just loving.

What’s working/not working for us…
Heritage History is definitely working for us.  Meal planning is not, but I think that's my fault, right?

Questions/thoughts I have…
I need more sleep in my life.  That's a thought.

Things I’m working on…
I'm working to de-clutter several areas of our home, especially including the play room which is home to a third-world of misfit and abandoned toys.

I’m reading…
A lot of nutrition blogs, but I'd like to pick up Morte d'Arthur by Thomas Mallory, if I can find a spare 20 minutes each day.

I’m cooking…
as little as possible, trying to get my eldest two in the kitchen more.  They aren't very excited about it.

I’m grateful for…
the many blessings I'm able to count each day--at least four.

I’m praying for…
my sweet baby boy split open his eyebrow today while horse-playing with his older brother in a hot tub.  Praying it heals quickly and well, without splitting reopen often and requiring a stitch.  We're right now without health insurance and I cannot afford a hospital bill.  Double-booo.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


Before.

2 comments:

  1. I wish my body would let me sleep. Sorry about your baby's boy's injury :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! What keeps you up at night? That has to be a challenge, for reals.

    ReplyDelete

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.