Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Organizing a New Year, Part 3: Changes, They Are a'Coming!

Here are my top three four priorities for the next six months, at which point I'm taking Janice's advice and  popping another cork, this time with wishes for a "Happy Mid-Year!" and another fresh start:
  • Shakespeare and other theatre & live performances!
    • We've great resources nearby, theatres that offer 'Pay What You Can' during midweek evenings and weekend matinees.  It's time we SEE these works we've taken into our hearts; I just hope they don't mind my few drachmae...
  • Reading aloud more and more!
    • It was the very heart of my early years of home school and what led me to embrace a Charlotte Mason philosophy in a crushing-you-with-all-my-love bear hug.  Plus, I just love those longing whines when I finish a chapter written by a brilliant author who knows exactly how to drive children nut-so.
  • Getting outdoors much, much more!
    • For the next six months, we're leaving behind the "science" curriculum and focusing entirely and more on nature study.  We going to get outdoors and observe and explore and identify and document and just squeal again with delight.
  • Keep praying hard and (at some point) combine.
[Insert soul-cleansing sigh here.]
I'm ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm gonna shut up now. Please, tell me what YOU think.